This is blog was created to share some tidbits of our daily lives

and advocate on behalf of the 143 million orphans around the world!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A day without shoes...


Today, thousands of people went to work...without shoes. TOMS shoes at http://www.toms.com/ hosted "A Day Without Shoes" in order to raise awareness for the MILLIONS of children that are forced to travel by barefoot, suffering injuries, getting infections..all because they do not have a pair of shoes. I wasn't sure how people at my workplace would react...I think some of them thought I was crazy....and I am. Many of them asked...and I SHARED a simple message. If you missed it this year, you can still get on their website and purchase a pair of shoes. For every pair purchased, they donate a pair of shoes to people in developing nations! I LOVE this cause!!


Be the HOPE!

Julie

3 comments:

Emy said...

I missed it! :( But thankful that you didn't and were able to make a WHOLE SCHOOL of people aware! Love ya!

The Gutmans' said...

Our little Grayson Faye has a birthday coming up, I already looked at their website & will order her a pair for her birthday. Can't wait, great idea. Thanks,we love your big heart!!!

Emy said...

P.S. Can you drive with those?!? ;o)